Tuesday 29 December 2015

Winter skin care.


Happy Christmas guys!!! Its been a few days now but I hope everyone had a fab Christmas!!
Being in winter, the air is cold and makes my skin ten times more dry then it usually is which sucks because it so then get really hard to maintain a day of makeup on skin that likes to flake.  Although my favourite season is winter and I love everything about it, my skin is very dry and winter and dry skin really do not get along. So I've been trying out some new products recently that hopefully will rescue my skin and I have found a few that have worked wonders for my skin. Heres a quick summary of my skin, it's very dry all around especially around my nose, chin and forehead, I have A LOT of redness primarily on my cheeks. my chin and upper lip is are the major places on my face that spots tend to appear, my skin scars very very easily once I have one spot a red mark will be there for ages, I still have red marks from spots from being in senior school. Theres no moister in my skin and can sometimes feel really tight, so I really need products thats going to help give my skin a deep moisturise and help make my skin feel less tight. The products that I have mentioned are the main ones that make my skin feel amazing, I still switch my routine up now and again but these products I know benefit my skin during the winter season.



Morning skin routine. 
To prep my skin for the day I start with some Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, on a cotton pad to wipe around my face to freshen up my skin and pick up any dust that my face could have pick up during the night, if you're buying on a budget or want to try a new cleansing water I highly recommend this product, it is so smooth on the face and its dries really quickly so you're not waiting for it to dry, it also has no scent which is my favourite thing because poorly scented products ruin them for me! After, if my skin feels a little rough I will use the St Ives Apricot Scrub, I don't have a photo to show you as I brought this one from America and need to pick up another tube, but his product is another God send, it has a thick consistency with a rough texture but isn't harsh in the skin at all, it makes my skin feel so soft as it removes rough and dry skin from the face. After I then use the Eucerin Replenish Face Cream, this product is a little more pricey then the first two products I mentioned but worth every penny, its a moisturiser made for very dry skin, this moisturiser picks my skin up and makes it feel like it as so much moister in it, the product doesn't make your skin feel greasy which it so handy when you are going to be applying a face of makeup next.




Evening skin routine.
After a day of wearing makeup or a day of not wearing any makeup I will still do this routine, using my Micellar Water again with a fair few cotton pads I take my makeup off starting with my eyes, then brows and then face, if I have any stubborn eye makeup on ill use a face wipe to take the rest off, its very rarely I need extra help with taking off eye makeup as the Micellar water is amazing and picking up every piece of makeup from your face. I will then use my Nip + Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix on my face to give it a little exfoliate, I use my Soap and Glory silicone face exfoliator mit to help work the scrub into my face, this scrub has 3% glycolic acid that exfoliates and retextures the face and salicylic acid that cleanses your pores. If I used an exfoliator in the morning this scrub isn't too rough to damage or 'over exfoliate' my skin.  I will then use Nip + Fab Bee Sting Fix Eye around my eye and on my brow bone, when I first saw this I was drawn into the name of the product 'Bee sting' then I looked into the ingredient benefits of the product that then made me to instantly buy it! The ingredients include: Bee venom which control the facial muscles and increase the blood circulation which gently plumps out the look of wrinkles and makes the skin appear more firm, Propolis extract which is a skin healer, anti-oxidant and antiseptic, cocoa-butter which improves the skins moister, Tegocosmo makes the skin appear brighter and lastly Elestan makes the skin firmer. The two ingredients that stood out to me the most was the Bee venom, and all though I'm 19 and not prone to wrinkles just yet, I have extremely puffy under eyes and my makeup creases really easily and the Tegocosmo brightens the under eye which is amazing as I have really dark circles, what even is sleep? Finishing with my Eucerin face cream again all over including my neck. If my skin is at a bad peak and I can feel some spots forming or some appeared through out the day I will use Lush Grease Lighting on the area that needs a little help, or if my skin is feeling really bad I mix two pumps of the Grease Lighting into my moisturiser and apply over the face. This product comes everywhere with me if I know I'm staying out more then one night, applying this to a spot that you can feel forming or a spot thats near the popping stage or even a really red spot this gel works wonders, with calming the spots down! Then I apply some lip balm and then I'm good to go!



Thank you for reading, Happy New Year!!
Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment