Tuesday 15 December 2015

Loves - EMJ Kit Bag

Recently I got the opportunity to work as a makeup assistant on a film, unfortunately on set there was no makeup rooms so we had to work out of our bags. A week before the job I was stuck thinking what bag shall I use? I have multiple clear makeup bags with handles that would be somewhat suitable but it would only hold half as much as I'll need to take with me. I recently saw a girl on my course carrying a really stunning set bag, later that night I happened to find the Instagram of the company that designed and sold the kit bags I saw earlier on that day. The emJ Company stocks a range of makeup and hair holders and accessories, ranging from set bags, brush rolls and brush belts that are all made in the UK.

Looking through their website I knew I was looking for a kit bag, but what design was the question. They stock different collections or different colours and patterns, at first my eye darted straight to the 'Classic Kit Bag' which is a plain black kit bag, and then 'Aura Kit Bag' then caught my attention. A metallic, iridescent covered kit bag with a strip of black material at the top of the bag. After 3 days of ordering from the online store it was delivered. When I placed my order there was no details of shipping time, or an estimated delivery date but I was very impressed on the delivery speed.

Working with this bag is amazing, its so easy to use, so comfortable and holds a lot. Using it on the 12 hour day on set I need quite a few products, and I can say this bag holds a lot! With me I brought a simple hair kit: multiple brushes and combs, a box of different hair pins and a full size hair spray, I also brought multiple primers and moisturisers, a cleanser and a brush cleaner which all fitted into the pocket around the bag with a few spare! I then brought a standard makeup kit including 4 foundations, multiple powders, eye shadow palette and more! With enough space to hold a little clutch with my personal belonging. After adding all the products into the bag it became a little heavy and traveling an hour to and from the set, then standing up with the kit bag for a solid 8 hours I was a little anxious how comfortable the bag would be, but with two thick straps doubled with material it was very very comfortable to wear I couldn't give it enough praise.


This stunning kit bag is my new favourite purchase, would defiantly recommend it to anyone looking into a suitable long term investment, as it is quite pricey at £62, but I personally think it is totally worth it!

Thank you for reading!

Hayley x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

The emJ Company links:
Instagram
Website
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment